Friday, May 11, 2012

Grapefruit

In the midst of finishing a design submission, I was working on this popular pattern by Hilary Smith Callis.  Citron is a free pattern on Knitty.com that many Ravelers have tried their hand at.  I couldn't resist because it looked so light and lovely.  It is wonderful, and I have even been wearing it this spring in a very warm Georgia.  I'm not a fan of the m1 holes you can see in this first picture, but it looks like the original piece for Knitty has the same holes.  To be honest, I can't recall if I used kfb or lifted the strand in between to add a stitch.  Logically, I would have used kfb because it looks best on higher weight yarns (no hole), so let's go with that.





Very easy knit for a single skein of lace.  I might make another when I have time.  Good idea for Christmas giving.  I get lots of compliments from the "younger" crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment